[vlc-devel] Request for advice (svg rendering)

Olivier Aubert oaubert at bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Jul 17 18:21:30 CEST 2003

Hello

I am playing with a SVG rendering module. I plan to use librsvg2 from
the GNOME project, which renders SVG into GdkPixbufs. It should be easy
to integrate with the new text rendering architecture from Sigmund, once
I have solved the following problem : the librsvg2 renders SVG to
GdkPixbufs (RGBA buffers), and VLC has its own internal picture format.

Is there any existing conversion library that I could reuse to convert a
GdkPixbuf to a VLC picture ? It is not very difficult to do in a
straightforward way, but if anybody already wrote the code to handle
efficiently the various conversions, it would greatly help. Any advice
will be welcome.

Thanks.
Olivier