[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (gbazin)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Jul 25 21:26:46 CEST 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 18:48, Sigmund Augdal wrote:

> It should really be possible to get a list of the available options.
> Perhaps we need to add another flag to config_item. I suggest switching
> the VLC_TRUE in the add_* macros with something like
> IS_ADVANCED|IS_OPTION.
>
> Even I, who follow the cvs commits, are haveing problems finding what
> these little magic incarnations are be called.

The plan here is to convert all the configuration options to this double
useage. --foo for the global value and :foo for the input specific
overriding value.
So we should basically get rid of config_Get/Put (except maybe in the
preferences panel of the interfaces).
This might not be strictly necessary for all options (some options cannot be
applied to inputs) but this would be better just for consistency.

--
Gildas