[vlc-devel] Re: VLC audio bug

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Sun Jun 1 00:32:49 CEST 2003

On zaterdag, mei 31, 2003, at 13:05 Europe/Amsterdam, Guenther Bauer
wrote:
> I am using Mac OS X 10.2.6 on a PowerMac G4 500 MHz (AGP), 512 MB of
> RAM and an ATI Radeon 8500 with 64 MB (the original card was an ATI
> Rage 128 Pro with 16 MB which I replaced recently).
>
> I am using also the newest version of VLC (0.5.3).
>
> When playing MPEGs or AVIs (Divx) the sound passes out only after
> about a minute. You can hear a short crackling, then the sound is
> gone. You can revive the audio by switching to another channel (e.g.
> "reverse stereo") for about a minute, then the same happens again,
> until I start the procedure of switching the channel again. This goes
> on and on and I don't know why. I have spoken to another VLC user, who
> is experiencing the same problem.
>
> The problem always happens, but is not really reproduceable. When
> watching a movie, the sound can pass out after 1 minute and two
> seconds as well as after 54 seconds on the same movie. So you can
> watch this phenomenon with every file, but can't predict the exact
> time or position when it will happen.
>
> I hope you are aware of this bug and know a solution.

This is indeed a known bug. we hope we fixed it though. Could you
PLEASE test our test release of 0.6.0 ???
You can download it here
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.6.0-test2/macosx

See if this solves your problems and let us know your results, both in
fixed and not fixed case.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player