[vlc-devel] Re: problems streaming DVD

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Wed Jun 4 22:13:32 CEST 2003

Try to use the recent vlc-0.6.0-test2 and see how that works for you.

http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.6.0-test2/macosx/vlc-0.6.0-
test2.dmg
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.6.0-test2/win32/vlc-0.6.0-
test2-win32.zip
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.6.0-test2/
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/contrib/

On woensdag, jun 4, 2003, at 20:45 Europe/Amsterdam, Paul Forgey wrote:
> I've got two machines running the cvs version of vlc, current as of
> before the recent activity with GUI skins.

lol. don't worry, that stuff is all disabled by default and not even
present in OSX. This isn't really telling me what version you are
using. it should say that when you start the application from the
commandline.

> One is a Linux machine with P4 2.26G CPU, 512MB RAM.  The other is OS
> 10.2.6, 867 Mhz G4 with 1.12 GB RAM.  Both are on a 100 MB switching
> network with very little traffic.  I can substitute the Mac
> workstation for a Powerbook 667 Mhz G4 512 MB RAM with the exact same
> results.

Yeah, the mac version from 0.5.1 trough 0.5.3 wasn't really optimal.
Things should be much better now.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player