[vlc-devel] Re: Help on VLC - KDevelop debugging issues

Cyril Deguet cyril.deguet at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jun 10 23:42:34 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003, Bentzy Sagiv wrote:
> 1) It takes a lot of time until the VLC window (GUI) opens (20-25 minutes)
> 	(in the meantime it runs inside different *.so files).

I don't know if it's possible with kdevelop, but with gdb we can use the
following trick to speed up debugging:
- run vlc with rc interface
- attach gdb to the running process
- launch the GUI with the rc interface (e.g "intf skins")
But once again I don't know if kdevelop can attach its debugger to a
running process, and handles threads correctly.

--
Cyril