[vlc-devel] Re: Help on VLC - KDevelop debugging issues

Paul Forgey paulf at aphrodite.com
Tue Jun 10 23:49:38 CEST 2003

Isn't KDevelop's debugger a gdb front-end?  At least on Linux, a
process takes for-ev-er to load a shared library when it is being
debugged.

Not to turn this thread into discussion about how to use gdb, but I
have a similar question about debugging the modules.  How the heck does
one set breakpoints on a module's initialization code?  If the process
isn't running, gdb can't re-establish breakpoints in shared libraries
when you do run the process, and by the time the shared libraries are
loaded and the breakpoints can be set, it's too late..