[vlc-devel] VLC 0.6.0-test3 (from CVS) CPU usage

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Tue Jun 17 07:47:05 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

I'm noticing that the latest VLC code from CVS, when built on Mac OSX
and playing a VOB from the "Nightmare Before Christmas" DVD (one of my
personal favorites), uses 80-90% of the CPU, or more.  This is on a
900mhz iBook, 640M RAM, OSX 10.2.6.  Even curiouser to me -- when VLC
is just serving the same VOB (not playing it) it still uses 20-30%.
This seems a bit weird ... shouldn't it be basically just reading /
doing a teeny bit of processing / sending in this case?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou