[vlc-devel] Re: VLC 0.5.3 experiment ... leads to segfault

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Sat Jun 21 11:26:22 CEST 2003

Gildas,

> However I did the same test with the cvs version and couldn't make it
> crash.
> I even run vlc under valgrind (on a small mpeg1 file as it is the only
> thing valgrind can decode properly on my machine) to track any kind of
> problem and it has been running happily for 1/2 hour.

I concur -- i've been running the same shell script test with the
latest CVS code on Mac OSX all day straight, and have not seen the
problem.  I'm going to try the same with the latest CVS code on RH9 as
well, as soon as I get the box set up.  It does appear that 0.6.0 does
not have the same issue that 0.5.3 does, and i'm quite happy about
this.  Now, assuming RH9 is cool, I just need to convince everyone I
work with to update to the 0.6.0 codebase (easier said than done,
unfortunately).

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou