[vlc-devel] Re: Question here

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Mar 1 13:10:03 CET 2003

On Friday 28 February 2003 02:41, N wrote:
> HI there,
>      I downloaded the vlc-0.5.1-win32-full.zip and tried running it on my
PII Gateway 9100SE Solo Laptop with Windows 98, 64 MB RAM.  I have tried
all DVD software programs like Power DVD and Win DVD and they all play but
seem a bit slow and freeze up at times.  The VLC plays the movie great with
audio but if you touch anything else like to go to full screen or try to do
anything else it just goes to a full screen of choppy picture and then you
have to manually shut down the system by pressing the on/off button.  Now I
just had it on again playing and all of a sudden the entire screen has
vertical lines with yellow, black, grey and green lines down it.  Maybe
this is just not the right version of the media player for me here.  I know
this is not your problem but I am just requesting your help to see if this
player will work for me here.  Thank you for your time and let me know if
you think you can help me here.

Hmm, this looks very strange.

Could you tell me which title the video window has ?
Is it "hardware YUV overlay DirectX output", "hardware YUV DirectX output"
or "software RGB DirectX output" ?

Could you also try to select the "aout_directx" audio plugin in the
preferences menu to see if this improves things ?

--
Gildas