[vlc-devel] Re: VLC Compile Error

Joe Kraft hishadow at netcabo.pt
Sun Mar 2 18:48:59 CET 2003

> On Wednesday 26 February 2003 19:13, Chris Goffinet wrote:
> > I am using the latest CYGWIN release. The current version of
> VLC is 0.5.1.
> > Configure options = "--disable-dvd --enable-sdl"
> > I seem to be getting the error on 'make' with the libid3tag.o with
> unreferenced
> > symbols. I am using Windows 2000 as OS. Any ideas guys?
>
> I do have the same problem but didn't investigate further. I just did a
> "touch modules/demux/util/libid3tag_plugin.dll" to be able to go on with
> the rest of the compilation :)
>
> I guess there is a problem with the mad compilation under cygwin.
> --
> Gildas

FWIW I'm using Win2k and Cygwin also.  A slight difference is that I'm using
the mingw compiler via the -mno-cygwin option.  I compiled mad-0.14.2b with
the following ./configure

CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin"  LDFLAGS="-mno-cygwin"  \
./configure --enable-static --prefix=/usr/local/mingw

After installing libmad I still need to tell vlc where to find it so in the
vlc ./configure:
--enable-mad  --with-mad=/usr/local/mingw

I haven't tried without using the mingw compiler, but I would assume since
most of the stuff is the same it should work without the -mno-cygwin stuff.

Joe Kraft.