[vlc-devel] Re: VLC Compile Error

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sun Mar 2 20:01:03 CET 2003

On Sunday 02 March 2003 18:48, Joe Kraft wrote:

> FWIW I'm using Win2k and Cygwin also.  A slight difference is that I'm
using
> the mingw compiler via the -mno-cygwin option.  I compiled mad-0.14.2b
with
> the following ./configure
>
> CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin"  LDFLAGS="-mno-cygwin"  \
> ./configure --enable-static --prefix=/usr/local/mingw
>
> After installing libmad I still need to tell vlc where to find it so in
the
> vlc ./configure:
> --enable-mad  --with-mad=/usr/local/mingw
>
> I haven't tried without using the mingw compiler, but I would assume since
> most of the stuff is the same it should work without the -mno-cygwin
stuff.

I did investigate this and in fact the problem comes from vlc.

The libid3tag library from mad requires zlib so vlc links the plugin with
"-lz -lid3tag" but it should in fact link the libs in the opposite order
("-lid3tag -lz") so the linker can resolve the undefined references in
libid3tag.

I'll fix this.

Thanks for the report.

--