[vlc-devel] Latest VLC from from CVS and Mac OSX

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Wed May 7 09:38:53 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

I am trying to build the latest VLC from the VLC CVS repo.  After doing
the cvs up, I run our favorite ./bootstrap, at which point it tells me
I need a newer version of libmpeg2.  So, I dutifully hunt around and
get the latest CVS snapshot for libmpeg2, but alas, ./bootstrap needs a
newer version of autoconf.  So I install it with Fink, and run it
again.  Now it complains about an m4 thingy "AM_CONFIG_HEADER not
AC_CONFIG_HEADER" ...

Is there a newer /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include tarball for Mac
OSX that some kind soul, who has already gone through all of this, has
created, like the original one I downloaded when first building VLC on
OSX?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou