[vlc-devel] Re: Divx streaming

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Sat May 10 17:07:57 CEST 2003

Gildas,

>> Everything i've streamed with VLC that I can recall has been a TS, but
>> i'm mostly in MPEG2 VOB land, anyway these days.  The RTPChoose()
>> function in VLC_ROOT/modules/access/udp.c seems to indicate that VLC
>> either streams TS (over RTP / UDP) or non-TS MPEG audio or video.  So,
>> I guess MP3 wouldn't be streamed as a transport stream, though I
>> thought it did ...
>>

> VLC can only stream MPEG Transport Streams when using UDP/RTP. MP3
> audio
> will thus be encapsulated into an MPEG TS if you stream it over
> UDP/RTP.

Ah, so I wasn't crazy when I thought I saw VLC stream MP3 as a TS, and
another VLC see it that way.  Cool -- nice to know i'm still in control
of my mental faculties :-)

Any idea how I can build the latest VLC sources again on Mac OSX?  This
is the big thing troubling me at the moment :-(

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou