[vlc-devel] Re: umlauts shown incorrectly in the about-window

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Mon May 12 02:12:05 CEST 2003

Fixed as you might have noticed from the commit log;)

DJ

P.S. Hi Florian
Always good to know you still follow the list ;)
BTW. i recently looked a bit further into the problem of capturing and
displaying to devices.
There is a whole load of examples to do all that here:
http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/QuickTime/Capturing/

Unfortunately it's all Carbon which i don't really read that well. And
i don't have any device to test it with.
Maybe, maybe one day I will do an attempt, but not soon. Not soon at
all.

On zondag, mei 11, 2003, at 22:18 Europe/Amsterdam, Felix Kühne wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 11.05.03 um 21:41 Uhr schrieb Derk-Jan Hartman:
>> This is because i don't know how this file is encoded. Anyone?
>> Then i can force OSX to use that encoding. currently it fails with
>> MacRoman and Windows Latin 1.
>> We really need to switch to Unicode every where ;)
> The umlauts are shown correctly, if I open the file with TextEdit
> under OS X with Western-Europe Windows Latin 1. The lines are getting
> broken by LF(ASCII 9/Tab)-tags, which is typical for this encoding.
> (You can see that, if you open the file with "Tex-Edit Plus" from
> Trans-Tex Software <www.tex-edit.com>.)
>
> Greetings,
> Felix Kühne
---