[vlc-devel] Latest CVS source and Mac OSX

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Sat May 10 08:34:21 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

I'm trying to build the latest VLC source from the CVS repo under Mac
OSX, and ./configure is telling me that the libmpeg2 in /usr/local/lib
is too old.  OK, I can live with that, but when I tried fetching a
newer one (a CVS snapshot that indicated I wouldn't need the latest
autoconf or stuff like that), I found that I was thrust into autoconf
hell.  Yuck.

Has anyone else built the latest VLC from CVS under Mac OSX (10.2.6)?
Though our project is targeting Linux, I find it very convenient to be
able to code, build and test on my iBook.  I was able to do this with
the 0.5.3 release, but not from the CVS sources.  Can anyone help?

Regards,

John, listening to David Darling's "Cello" -- beautiful album

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou