[vlc-devel] Re: Modules and dependencies ...

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sat May 17 00:58:16 CEST 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003, j.zorko at att.net wrote:
> There is some functionality in one module that I want to call from another (specifically, I want the
> file access module under vlc/modules/access/file.c to be able to use the MP3 frame header
> detection code in modules/demux/mpeg/audio.c i.e. GetHeader()).  Is this possible -- can one
> module use the services of another, and if so, how do I set this up?

 You shouldn't need that. I think that one problem you have is that the seek
is transmeted to the access and not to the demuxer and that's pretty stupid.

 We will work on a new input for vlc that will solve it but it will take
"some" time to be in cvs and usable...

 The simplest for the moment is that you just copy GetHeader to file.c but
that's not beautiful.

--
fenrir