[vlc-devel] DirectX problem

Joe Kraft hishadow at netcabo.pt
Sat May 17 22:04:15 CEST 2003

I've just started working with VLC again after taking a couple months (then
a couple weeks) off.  I figured out the libmpeg2 part (with some help from
you smart guys), now I'm having problems with directx.

I'm using Win2k and compiling the current CVS version with Cygwin/Mingw.
I'm using the gtk interface just to get the rest worked out before I tackle
the new wxWindows interface.   Everything seems to compile fine, the directx
parts don't seem go give me any compiler errors that weren't there before
(compile-output.txt).  I don't think there's anything wrong there, but I
sent it just in case.

When I run VLC I get a black window titled "VLC(Harware YUV overlay DirectX
output)".  The directx output plugin is loading  but it has a message that
says "DirectXUpdateOverlay cannot move or resize overlay".  I don't remember
seeing that before, so I guess that's bad.  If I force the video output to
wingdi, it will show the video.

I appreciate any help you can give.
Thank you,
Joe Kraft