[vlc-devel] re : Re: Updated build instructions for win32

gbazin at altern.org gbazin at altern.org
Mon May 19 10:34:47 CEST 2003

>I really want to know that the vlc video output module will use the DX8 or not.Because the dx7 has been out to date.The win32 interface use wxWindows module now,it may hard to add other VCL(CBuilder) component on it.But I doesn't matter,as many people think.

Actually the directx video output is using DirectX 3.
I don't see any point in changing this because newer versions of DirectX don't add anything new if you deal only with video. (Unless you want to do some funky stuff with the 3D capabilities in DX8/9).

It would also break our compatibility with WinNT4 and Win95 which don't have new DirectX versions available.

As for the CBuilder interface, it is gone for good and won't be shipped in future versions of vlc. As you said the default interface is now the wxWindows one.

--
Gildas