[vlc-devel] Re: VLC 0.6.0-test1

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Wed May 21 13:37:18 CEST 2003

Which requires even more code actually then this solution ;)
Trust me, this is the way it used to work on OSX, and it sucked ;)
Users were very much confused.

Since OSX, wxWindows and BeOS already have such a button working, i
don't see the problem.
Though i do agree that the description strings and the flagging should
improve. It could contribute a lot to making the preferences much
clearer

DJ

On woensdag, mei 21, 2003, at 13:18 Europe/Amsterdam, Sigmund Augdal
wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 01:09:44PM +0200, Alexis de Lattre wrote:
>> On Wed, May 21, 2003, Sigmund Augdal wrote :
>>> I personally think this is a bad idea. The user should have to find
>>> the
>>> "show advanced options" in the interface section, check it and press
>>> apply
>>> to get the advanced options. We should rather spend our time
>>> figuring out
>>> which options to flag as advanced and which not. Currently I've
>>> noted that
>>> the filter option should be nonadvanced, do people agree?
>>
>> I personnaliy think this is a great idea ! Because we often need the
>> advanced options... and having to check the box, save, open the
>> preferences window again... that's annoying.
> I did not say you should have to save, quit vlc, restart and open the
> preferences again. It should happen instantanous when you press apply
---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)
Co-Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc