[vlc-devel] Re: VLC 0.6.0-test1

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri May 23 19:17:54 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 14:23, Anatoly R. wrote:

> I've got new box some time ago. It's Compaq Evo D510 ePC.
> It has P4 2.4ghz processor and integrated Intel video/audio/network.
> The box is very compact and small but VLC started to lock up for 4-5
> seconds each ~40 seconds of playing. I'm going to try 0.4.x branch if
> you want, but that happens to 0.5.0, 0.5.1 and latest 0.6.1. This
> doesn't happen anywhere else.

Actually I've got my idea on the problem.
On win32 we use QueryPerformanceCounter() to get a high resolution clock and
I think QueryPerformanceCounter()  doesn't work properly on this machine.

Is this a Dual processor machine ?

I'll try to package you a modified version of VLC to test this assumption.

--
Gildas