[vlc-devel] Re: DirectX problem

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat May 24 22:20:18 CEST 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 21:59, Joe Kraft wrote:
> Gildas, thanks for your help I did some system reconfiguring today and
> figured out my problems.  I'll summarize, because they're likely to happen
> again to someone else.

Great you managed to find out what the problem was.

> Does the directx plugin make any attempt to detect these conditions and
> fail gracefully?  Either allowing the plugin selector to move on to a
> different video output module or disabling the overlay as appropriate?

There is an overlay detection code but the problem is that the directx
plugin doesn't support dual headed displays nor dual monitors. It always
use the first (default) graphics device.

Patches to fix this problem are welcome :)

As for the 1st problem, I'll check next time I restart into Windows.

Cheers,

--
Gildas