[vlc-devel] ff / rew based on time ...

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Sun May 25 19:37:56 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

Awhile ago, I added ff / rewind functionality to VLC (rc interface
only, though input_SetStatus() is used so that the other interfaces can
be extended to do it as well) that was purely time-based, not
frame-based (at the time I didn't know if a frame-based solution was
needed or not).  This modified only a few files (input_ext-intf.c,
input.c, rc.c / h, stream_control.h I believe) and used VLC's
input_Seek( p_input, pos, INPUT_SEEK_SECONDS) API to do it.  Is the VLC
community interested in this functionality?

Regards,

John, continuing work on the input_thread_t / demux / pf_demuxdrop
thing ...

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou