[vlc-devel] Re: ff / rew based on time ...

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Mon May 26 00:03:54 CEST 2003

create a patch and submit it to the list.
I believe several interfaces already have this sort of functionality
implemented in a similar way.

cvs -q diff -Ru > seek.patch

DJ

On zondag, mei 25, 2003, at 19:37 Europe/Amsterdam, John Michael Zorko
wrote:
> Awhile ago, I added ff / rewind functionality to VLC (rc interface
> only, though input_SetStatus() is used so that the other interfaces
> can be extended to do it as well) that was purely time-based, not
> frame-based (at the time I didn't know if a frame-based solution was
> needed or not).  This modified only a few files (input_ext-intf.c,
> input.c, rc.c / h, stream_control.h I believe) and used VLC's
> input_Seek( p_input, pos, INPUT_SEEK_SECONDS) API to do it.  Is the
> VLC community interested in this functionality?
>
> Regards,
>
> John, continuing work on the input_thread_t / demux / pf_demuxdrop
> thing ...
Please do so, i'd love to see this.

---
Videolan - VLC media player