[vlc-devel] Re: configurable hotkeys

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed May 28 00:32:45 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 21:43, Boris Dorès wrote:

>   As for the video output problem, which is the only other source of key
> events for the time being, it should be solved by the integration of vout
> windows in the interfaces. I know, it has been weeks that I told I would
> code it : it will be done by the end of the week, I promise :)

BTW, vouts needs to deal with very low level window events (look at the
directx or x11/xvideo plugins). There is no way on earth you'll have access
to these events with a high level cross-platform GUI framework so you can
forget about your idea to manage events in the interface plugin that's
providing the window.

However having platform specific hooks in the interface plugins to be able
to pass native window handles to the vout and then let the vout handle the
events should be manageable.

Just my 2 euro cents.

--
Gildas