[vlc-devel] Re: configurable hotkeys

Boris Dorès babal at via.ecp.fr
Wed May 28 11:09:32 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 12:32:45AM (GMT+0200), Gildas Bazin wrote:
> BTW, vouts needs to deal with very low level window events (look at the
> directx or x11/xvideo plugins). There is no way on earth you'll have access
> to these events with a high level cross-platform GUI framework

  That's a shame for the framework ;-)

> so you can
> forget about your idea to manage events in the interface plugin that's
> providing the window.
>
> However having platform specific hooks in the interface plugins to be able
> to pass native window handles to the vout and then let the vout handle the
> events should be manageable.

  Maybe I misunderstood your point, but I can't see why, if there is a
way for the vout to handle these events, the interface couldn't.

  Unless that means that there is no way at all to handle these key
events for a framework generated window (I don't really know high level
frameworks so I cannot be positive about one way or the other), which
would mean no hotkeys in those windows: rather not providing vout
windows with such messy frameworks...

--
babal