[vlc-devel] Re: ehm...

Stephan Assmus stippi at yellowbites.com
Thu May 29 12:06:00 CEST 2003

> If you are talking about the test build I sent you that solves the
> frequent
> pause problem than it's not a fast processor issue. It's a screwed
> processor issue. The default vlc build rely on the performance
> counter of
> the processor to get an highly precise clock. And unfortunately it is
> completely screwed on your processor.

Is this true on every VLC supported platform, ie on BeOS as well? I'm
asking because BeOS R5 is unaware of the Speedstep feature of my
Pentium-M. It is probably unaware of that feature on any processor. If
I unplug the power while running, everything timing related will slow
down in BeOS. I have not tried with VLC yet, I don't even know if using
the performance counter will produce the desired results when SpeedStep
kicks in...

Best regards,
-Stephan