[vlc-devel] Re: [ANN] VLC 0.7.0-test1

Felix Kühne FK at aenneburghardt.de
Thu Nov 27 19:32:22 CET 2003

Hello,
I've noticed the following things under Mac OS X 10.2.8:
1) The NSTextField in the controller-window which should display the
name of the played file is shown as a black rectangle without text.
This might be because of a Panther-feature which is not available on my
system.
2) The buttons in the same window for controlling the fullscreen-mode
and opening the playlist-window turn blue on click. If I leave the
fullschreen-mode by typing escape the button is still blue. At this
button this is just a cosmetical issue, but at the playlist-button, it
is not: If I close the playlist-window after I had opened through the
button in the window, it is still blue and if I push it again, the
entire application crashes without a crash-log. In the console, the
following is shown:
WindowServer[317]: CGXRemoveTrackingArea : Invalid tracking area
last message repeated 2 times
/usr/libexec/crashreporterd: crashdump exited with status: 1

By the way: I've noticed that you have ported the Mac OS X-compilation
to the panther-development-tools. Thus the makefile wants to run the
command "xcodebuild" to create the application-package, which is not
available on my system, since there is no XCode for earlier systems
than 10.3. If I replace this call with "pbxbuild" the package gets
build without any problems. So it would be nice if there would be added
a rule to the configure-script to use the "pbxbuild"-command instead of
"xcodebuild" on Darwin 6.8 and earlier.

Regards,
Felix