[vlc-devel] Re: vlc and rtp

Steven Brown sbrown at gf.hm.rd.sanyo.co.jp
Thu Oct 23 03:02:19 CEST 2003

Okay, so I've tried the following:

1) vlc file.mpg --sout udp://client
This works, but it chooses the output mux as TS.

2) vlc file.mpg --sout rtp/ps://client
This does not work.  As you stated, it seems VLC does not support PS
over RTP.

3) vlc file.mpg --sout udp/ps://client
This also does not work, as it gives me "packet size > MTU" messages.

Method 1 is the only way I can get it to work.  Is it possible to get
method 2 to work?  I would like to stream the original PS, I don't care
about what protocol it uses, but I don't want it going through a TS mux,
if possible.

Also, I just want to verify the format of the command-line:

Thanks again.

Steven Brown