[vlc-devel] Re: Will VLC be the first player on win32 to support embedded vobsub's in MKV ?

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Oct 30 00:45:59 CET 2003

I think I dare say yes to this. The patch to the mkv demux has just been
commited. The only file I've had to test this with, had some strange timing
issues ( with audio as well as subtitle track ), and the spu track had a
larger resolution than the actual video ( so I had to run "vlc --spumargin=1"
to keep the subtitles inside the video ).

These issues may need further adressing at a later point, but curious
persons could try a nightly build from
http://vthr.via.ecp.fr/~videolan/build/

in a day or two.

Sigmund Augdal