[vlc-devel] wxwindows interface additions?

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Wed Sep 10 01:58:35 CEST 2003

To whom it may concern,

Concerning the subtitle options:
- The encodings box needs to be enlarged, now with the new options and
all.
- Perhaps the addition of a font-size entry might be in order.
- Account for the fact that from now on, avi files look for a subtitle
file automatically. This needs to be clear in some way. (Change
"Subtitles file" into "Specify subtitle options"  or something or use a
checkbox in Automatic, that simply toggles the enabling of the file
selector )
-  Maybe put a note on the dialog "Only works with .avi files". We get
too many questions about this, and i agree that it is somewhat
confusing.

I see the V4L options and the Sattelite options. Isn't it possible to
only add these tabs to the intf if i have support for that (maybe this
is already implemented, but is my 2.6 kernel causing the showing of
these options)

The new options in the playlist window are nice, but it doesn't feel
'clean'.
Maybe their placement could use an upgrade.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)