[vlc-devel] Re: VLC_VAR_DOINHERIT

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Sep 10 16:52:26 CEST 2003

On woensdag, sep 10, 2003, at 16:39 Europe/Amsterdam, Derk-Jan Hartman
wrote:
> I was gonna test something with subtitles, but the subsdec module
> appears to be broken.
>
> var_Get( p_subsdec->p_fifo, "subsdec-encoding", &val );
> doesn't seem to return a val.psz_string anymore.
> It's almost like the inheritance of the config variable is broken.
>
> add_string_from_list( "subsdec-encoding", "System Default",
> ppsz_encodings, NULL, ENCODING_TEXT,
>  ENCODING_LONGTEXT, VLC_FALSE );
>
> var_Create( p_this, "subsdec-encoding", VLC_VAR_STRING |
> VLC_VAR_DOINHERIT );
>
> But it seems the inherit doesn't work as it did before.
> I don't remember anything changed. Or did there?

Bad gibalou.
Doing a api change in modules/codecs and forgetting to check if
variables are still created on the correct vlc_object.

> var_Create( p_this, "subsdec-encoding", VLC_VAR_STRING |
> VLC_VAR_DOINHERIT );
var_Create( p_dec->p_fifo, "subsdec-encoding", VLC_VAR_STRING |
VLC_VAR_DOINHERIT );

I'll check if there are anymore of these bugs.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)