[vlc-devel] VLC_VAR_DOINHERIT

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Sep 10 16:39:48 CEST 2003

I was gonna test something with subtitles, but the subsdec module
appears to be broken.

var_Get( p_subsdec->p_fifo, "subsdec-encoding", &val );
doesn't seem to return a val.psz_string anymore.
It's almost like the inheritance of the config variable is broken.

add_string_from_list( "subsdec-encoding", "System Default",
ppsz_encodings, NULL, ENCODING_TEXT,
  ENCODING_LONGTEXT, VLC_FALSE );

var_Create( p_this, "subsdec-encoding", VLC_VAR_STRING |
VLC_VAR_DOINHERIT );

But it seems the inherit doesn't work as it did before.
I don't remember anything changed. Or did there?

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)