[vlc-devel] Re: vout questions

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Thu Sep 11 13:08:51 CEST 2003

Igor,

> 4. We're seeing a weird crash after playing an MPEG2 TS for 15-20
> minutes, but only when we
> ran VLC with --fullscreen.  Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
>
> Yes I have 0.6 ver. and It hapened very often for me but only when I
> set up --xvideo-altfullscreen with --fullscreen.

Cool -- glad others have seen this.  Do you pass --xvideo-altfullscreen
on the command line as well as --fullscreen when starting VLC, or is
only one of them used?  We're instantiating VLC thusly from some Java
code:

vlc udp/ts:@<mcast address> --nocolor --fullscreen -vv

... this is on Red Hat Linux 9.  Are you using a similar platform?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou