[vlc-devel] Re: vout questions

Igor Andruszkiewicz igor at tmm.pl
Thu Sep 11 13:49:11 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 13:08, John Michael Zorko wrote:

> Igor,
>
> > 4. We're seeing a weird crash after playing an MPEG2 TS for 15-20
> > minutes, but only when we
> > ran VLC with --fullscreen.  Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
> >
> > Yes I have 0.6 ver. and It hapened very often for me but only when I
> > set up --xvideo-altfullscreen with --fullscreen.
>
> Cool -- glad others have seen this.  Do you pass --xvideo-altfullscreen
> on the command line as well as --fullscreen when starting VLC, or is
> only one of them used?  We're instantiating VLC thusly from some Java
> code:

Im using Mandrake 9.1. I used to run vlc with:

vlc -V xvideo  --xvideo-altfullscreen --fullscreen  /video_to_play
And then  I have:

[00000372] main video output debug: thread 10248 (video output) created
at priority 0 (src/video_output/video_output.c:428)
[00000372] xvideo video output debug: entering fullscreen mode
[00000372] main video output warning: late picture skipped (28470)
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  42 (X_SetInputFocus)
  Serial number of failed request:  85