[vlc-devel] Re: 0.6.3 changes to Red Hat

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Sep 22 01:16:01 CEST 2003

On Sunday 21 September 2003 23:29, Jason Luka wrote:

> Was not aware the Wx was the interface of choice. I can keep that one in
> there, but ALSA is definitely redundant in Red Hat.

Yes the wxWindows interface is the most up to date interface for linux so I
would strongly advise to include it in the package.

As for ALSA, it is the only audio output plugin that allows multichannel
audio on Linux so I would also advise you to include it (and after all, OSS
has been deprecated in the 2.6.x kernel).

--
Gildas