[vlc-devel] WINXP: changes to dshow access module to support WDM Capture Card such as ATI AIW

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Thu Apr 8 12:54:56 CEST 2004

All,

I've made changes to the ../modules/access/dshow/dshow.cpp and
../modules/access/dshow/filter.cpp files to use ICaptureGraphBuilder2
COM to build  the DirectShow Capture graph. This result in a more
compatible mechanism to use DirectShow Capture cards, and would be the
preferred way for WDM Capture Card.

I've managed to stream my ATI All-In-Wonder TV Capture card through VLC
on my wireless network, and the result is stunning, way better than ATI
MultiMedia Center solution. I also tested this code with my USB Webcam,
which also works fine.

anyway, I am quite willing to check in the code change if anyone would
give me CVS write access.

Damien