[vlc-devel] Re: WINXP: changes to dshow access module to support WDM Capture Card such as ATI AIW

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Apr 8 13:22:24 CEST 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 12:54, Damien Fouilleul wrote:
> All,
>
> I've made changes to the ../modules/access/dshow/dshow.cpp and
> ../modules/access/dshow/filter.cpp files to use ICaptureGraphBuilder2
> COM to build  the DirectShow Capture graph. This result in a more
> compatible mechanism to use DirectShow Capture cards, and would be the
> preferred way for WDM Capture Card.
>
> I've managed to stream my ATI All-In-Wonder TV Capture card through VLC
> on my wireless network, and the result is stunning, way better than ATI
> MultiMedia Center solution. I also tested this code with my USB Webcam,
> which also works fine.

That's really cool news :)

Do your changes rely on the Mircosoft DirectShow Base Class code ? Because
I've got to great pains to avoid using any of this because of licensing
issues.

> anyway, I am quite willing to check in the code change if anyone would
> give me CVS write access.

Well, I'm sure you will understand that we'll not give SVN (we switched to
subversion recently) write access without having some kind of warranty that
you know what you're doing.
I would suggest posting a patch of your changes against the SVN version and
I'm sure that if the patch is found worthy by the developers, you'll be
able to get SVN write access.

--
Gildas