[vlc-devel] modifying vlc player

LATIFZAI, EMAL (JSC-ER2) (NASA) emal.latifzai-1 at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 14 19:26:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've looked at the vlc player and I definitely like what you guys have done
here.  Currently I'm working on a project of wireless streaming of mpeg-2
(es, ps, or ts) video using multicast in a vxworks environment, although I'm
going to build the system on windows 2000 and then modify it to work on
vxworks. I tested out your player/streamer (on windows) by using one vlc as
the server and another as the client and it worked beautifully.  However, I
want to take away all of the redundant (in reference to my project)
capabilities since modifying the system to work on vxworks instead of on
windows is quite complicated with all of these libraries and functions I
really don't need.  So can anyone please give me a hand here?  I would
really appreciate it if you can point out exactly which libraries I need and
which ones I don't. I want to keep the gui and be able to the above
mentioned task only; besides that, if I can get rid of anything, I would
like to.  I want the program to be as lean as possible.  Thanks.

Emal