[vlc-devel] Re: live.com and the RTP-header marker bit

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sat Apr 17 05:34:53 CEST 2004

>On the other hand, if you really want to parse the special header, wouldn't
>it be better to parse out all the fields in it as well?

Yes, probably, because it would mean that your code would no longer have to
have knowledge of a header structure that's supposed to be just for RTP.

However, this probably isn't worth doing anything about right now, because
it would require another incompatible revision to the LIVE.COM "liveMedia"
library.  So, let's just wait until something else comes along that
requires the use of a new "liveMedia" library version, and then I'll look
into making this change at the same time.

>Finally, and perhaps totally unrelated: Some streams seem to get horribly
>stuck right after being synchronized using RTCP.

The 1.16 revision to "livedotcom.cpp" was supposed to fix things like
this.  But perhaps there are still lingering problems here...?

>Thanks for your cooperation on this.

You're welcome!

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM