[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7364 (bigben)

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Sat Apr 17 12:12:58 CEST 2004

Nice to see you work on this code. I have some simple suggestions/ideas
about this.

The first token of the o= field is the username of the person responsible
for the stream. It is supposed to be "-" if the username is not know or if
the announcement of it is not wanted.

the next two fields are supposed to make this session globally unique,
something they obviously isn't right now. They are recommended to be NTP
timestamp.

The u= field should contain a valid url. This field is optional, so we
should drop it for people that don't have a url specified.

The number after the / in the c= field is supposed to be the ttl of the
announce. This could be set to a sensible value and not be hardcoded to 15.

The type attribute should be "broadcast". And setting the suggested "tool"
attribute would be cool.

If you have more changes planed here, could you incorporate these? Otherwise
I could do it.

Sigmund