[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7364 (bigben)

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Apr 18 01:32:13 CEST 2004

> The first token of the o= field is the username of the person responsible
> for the stream. It is supposed to be "-" if the username is not know or if
> the announcement of it is not wanted.
>
> the next two fields are supposed to make this session globally unique,
> something they obviously isn't right now. They are recommended to be NTP
> timestamp.
This is acutallty the biggest bug. They cause all (perhaps but one)
announces made by vlc to be dropped by major sap clients like sdr and nsdr.
It seems the videolan miniSAPServer also uses these constants. I think this
should be fixed as soon as possible. On the other hand the ffmpeg people did
have a discusion about "information leak" vulnerability from
storing/exporting the computers time, so perhaps the spec recomandation of a
ntp timestamp is not such a good idea?

Sigmund