[vlc-devel] Multichannel output on OS X.

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue Apr 20 03:41:03 CEST 2004

I finally found some real information on how to do multichannel output
on Mac OS X i think.
I think this should be implemented with a AudioUnit.

Information is available on the mailinglist
coreaudio-api at lists.apple.com
Look for the posts title: HALOutputUnit and all followups (91 !!!)
posted on January 7th and beyond
Original posting by James Coker

Real useful information by William Stewert on the 10th of January. He's
the one to contact if we want help from apple (bills (at) apple.com)

However, it seems most information would be available in these threads.
Maybe a question on digital audio needs to be asked...

I still don't have time for this, but at least a big hurdle has been
tackled. At least we now know how it should be done.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (hartman at videolan dot org)
http://www.videolan.org/vlc