[vlc-devel] Re: [RFR] order of preferences

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Wed Aug 25 22:56:03 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 22:43, R. Bernstein wrote:
> =?iso-8859-15?Q?Cl=E9ment?= Stenac writes:
>  > I don't think a one-level sorted list is good, we currently have more
>  > than 100 plugins exporting configuration options.
>
> So the suggestion was tabs for the first letter (A, B, C) of the
> plugin which gives about 25. If this is too large, then collections
> of letters A-E in which case you can make it as small as you want.

Alphabetic sorting might be better in your opinion but I personally don't
like it.

Alphabetic sorting is fine if you know the name of the module you are
looking for but let's be honest most people won't.
Most likely they'll just browse for all the settings related to a certain
category like video or such.

And yes, I agree that the category listing needs to be improved... but as
always, the current attempt was better than nothing ;)

--
Gildas

PS: there's always the choice of providing alternative sorting options but I
will not be the one spending time on this ;)