[vlc-devel] Re: PTZ control module for VLC

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Mon Aug 30 17:47:16 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004, Daniel M. Lambea wrote :
>   Just to say that the PTZ control module for the Axis 2130 camera is
> working fine. I'm finetuning the behaviour, and finishing the
> configuration part. After this I will send you the code. Can I attach
> a tgz here? Where should I send the file?

Depends. If the patch id big (>a few tens of kB), it would be better to
put it on a website and post the link here. Otherwise, your post will be
moderated, which could take some time.

>   BTW, I realized that (at least in the wxwindows interface) the video
> and sound capture are separated only in the Video4Linux tab. Since the
> camera I'm using is being accessed via HTTP, I assume the player is
> trying to get audio from the HTTP stream. This will never happen in my
> case, because the camera has no sound and I therefore have to capture
> it via microphone. How can I tell the player to get video from HTTP
> and audio from /dev/dsp simultaneously? Will this lead to some kind of
> audio/video misalignment?

Well, that suppose to read from several inputs at the same time. That's
only possible, as an experimental feature, in the svn version. Moreover,
I'm not sure this is currently working with http and v4l streams. This
is likely to lead to mis-alignement, because of buffers in the camera
and in VLC. You can set the size of these buffers on VLC side, btw.

--
BigBen