[vlc-devel] Embedded vout in Windows Mozilla

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Thu Dec 2 06:50:52 CET 2004

Hi all,

I've been playing around with VLC's Mozilla plugin in the past few
days, and I'm really happy (and impressed!) to see that it builds and
works out of the box.  It's especially useful if you use
--enable-mostly-builtins, since then all the required modules are
compiled statically into the npvlc.dll file.  Thanks heaps to everyone
who's worked on it -- I once again have a newfound respect for VLC's
build infrastructure.

Anyway, I've been trying to use the VLC plugin in the context of a
XUL-based Mozilla application, and right now the video output on
Windows seems to be displayed in a separate window, rather than being
embedded in the browser window at the point of the <embed/> tag.  Is
the video output meant to be separate on Windows right now?  I'm
guessing it's because I'm using directx_vout to display video rather
than wxwindows, but I'm not sure if that's right.  Any hints on getting
it to draw in the embedded area would be appreciated!

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save