[vlc-devel] Re: Embedded vout in Windows Mozilla

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Thu Dec 2 08:54:54 CET 2004

On 02/12/2004, at 5:40 PM, Gildas Bazin wrote:

> --enable-mostly-builtins won't be enough for you (the directx module
> will
> still be compiled as a plugin for instance). You can use
> --disable-plugins
> for that.

Well, I went the other way: I added the appropriate DirectX a/vouts as
builtins to configure.ac and re-bootstraped, and it all seemed to work.
  (i.e. I added VLC_ADD_BUILTINS([vout_directx aout_directx ...] to
configure.ac).  The only problem with that approach is that there's a
symbol clash between vout_directx and the the DirectX OpenGL vout
module (glwin32, I think?), so I couldn't compile them both as
builtins.

> As stated above the reason is probably that you are not using the
> directx
> vout (which is the only embeddable vout with the opengl one).

Well, I actually got the embeddable video window working now!  I
compiled both the wxwindows and vout_directx modules as builtins, and
that seemed to do the trick.  (Not sure if I need wxwindows as a
built-in; I'll experiment more a bit later when I'll try to reduce the
size of the resulting .dll).

> Also I woud advise you to use the development version of VLC because a
> major
> problem was fixed in the windows mozilla plugin (it used to crash when
> destroying the plugin instance).

Yep, I'm tracking the svn trunk since I noticed that patch went in
after 0.8.1.

Thanks for the help Gildas!

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save