[vlc-devel] Adding extra builtins

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Sat Dec 4 12:27:08 CET 2004

Hi all,

I was considering adding some extra modules to be eligible as builtins
(in particular: ogg, theora, speex, vorbis, vout_directx, aout_directx,
glwin32).  I haven't committed the patch yet since I'm unsure whether:

1.  If there any requirements or constraints for a module to be
considered OK as a built-in, and

2.  Whether this is portable across all platforms.  e.g. will
non-Windows platforms be OK if I add vout_directx, a Windows-only
module, as a builtin?  Will the linker be happy if there are
potentially symbol clashes between different modules?

If both those things don't turn out to be problems, I'm happy to commit
the patch I've got sitting here.

Cheers,

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save