[vlc-devel] Re: Adding extra builtins

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Sat Dec 4 16:27:14 CET 2004

On 04/12/2004, at 11:58 PM, Sigmund Augdal wrote:

> And a question at the end: Why do you want these as builtins? And do
> you
> think everyone else agree with you on that?

I should clarify my original email by saying that I'd like these to be
builtins if I specify the --enable-mostly-builtins option, which I
guess tries to build a VLC library which is as self-contained as
possible, with little or no external dependencies.  This would be
useful for the VLC Mozilla plugin, for instance, since it means that
you can distribute a single shared library/DLL which would be entirely
self-contained, so the end-user doesn't have to install VLC separately
on their system.  Of course, in the usual case (without
--enable-mostly-builtins), I would not expect that modules would be
included automatically as builtins ...

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save