[vlc-devel] Re: cddax vs cdda plugins

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Fri Dec 10 18:43:19 CET 2004

Hello,

>  > > But the tracks aren't in the Navigation menu and you can't either
>  > > select the track or Next or Previous like you can with cdda as it
>  > > currently is (and as cddax used to be in 0.7.x.)

The fact that they don't appear in the navigation behaviour is the
wanted behaviour. Tracks are added as playlist items, which is a more
intuitive view. You then play tracks instead of playing the whole CD.

I don't understand what you mean with Next and Previous. You can't do
next title and previous anymore, true, you use the playlist's next and
previous buttons, which works for me.

> tracks of a CD be listed under a "folder" in a playlist rather than a
> flat list, does not offset the disadvantage of the navigation bar and
> navigation broken, and the broken time indicator inability to seek.

I don't understand what you mean here. I have no problem seeking and the
time indicator is working fine for me.

> I see the there is "modules/access/directory.c" which uses
> playlist_NodeAddItem and I guess that's for file browsing. I just
> tried that and it too seems to have the same Navigation brokenness.

I really don't see what you mean here. Navigation is only for media
which have title. It can (or not) apply to CD, and to DVDs but that's
not for files.

--
Zorglub
Clément Stenac