[vlc-devel] Re: h264 streaming using rtp/rtsp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 14 17:38:42 CET 2004

>Hello, I created a H264VideoRTPSource.cpp, and was able to
>successfully compile it with the live.com code. I assumed  that it was
>successfully compiles, as I was able to see the object files, and I
>had no errors. Then I compiled the VLC code with the newly compiled
>live.com code. Upon trying to play back the stream i get the following
>given below:
[...]
>[00000400] livedotcom demuxer warning: RTP subsession 'video/H264'
>failed(RTP payload format unknown or not supported)
[...]
>Also I think I did map the code properly by adding the following lines
>in the livedotcom code, in the demuxOpen section.
>
>  else if( !strcmp( sub->codecName(), "H264" ) )
>             {
>                 tk->fmt.i_codec = VLC_FOURCC( 'H', '2', '6', '4' );
>             }
>
>Is there any other place I would need to make the changes

Yes, you must also update the "MediaSession::initiate()" function (in
"liveMedia/MediaSession.cpp" in the LIVE.COM code) to handle the
"video/H264" MIME type.  Search for "MP4V-ES" to see how this is done for
(regular) MPEG-4 video.  You will need to add a similar "if" branch for "H264".

Once you have this working, it would be great if you would post the code
for your "H264VideoRTPSource" to the "live-devel" mailing list, so I can
include it in a future release.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>